Thursday, 28 May 2009

Confessions of a two-timer errr, uhm, three-timer



Dear Blog,

I have a confession.  I've been spending time with someone else.  Her name is MOMSthatROCK! and she's a really professional website and a really exciting blog. 

I want you to know I haven't forgotten about you.

In fact, I've thought about you almost every day.  

Remember how, right here, I committed to exercising at least 15 minutes a day for the New Year and then within the month I broke a rib and learned how everyone was right about how excruciating that pain could be?

Yes, I told you all about it (press) HERE.  

I did get through that injury and was more motivated than ever when Anna and I decided: YES! How perfect it would be for MOMSthatROCK! to do the 1st Chicago Rock n Roll Half Marathon.  

My sweet hubby and I travelled abroad in April to visit his family and planned our half marathon training program as we stuffed ourself with rich English and French food . . .  and then upon our return home, remember how within the first week of training I HORRENDOUSLY sprained my ankle and have been rehabilitating for the past 5 weeks?

No?

You don't remember that Dear Blog?

Oh Yeah!  

That's because I was more than a little embarrassed about such debilitating back to back injuries and didn't really want to share it with you!

I am willing however, now, to come clean because as of tonight I actually tolerated 30 seconds on the elliptical. 

Oh yes, Dear Blog-- one other thing?  

I think I've decided to accept an offer to start writing for ANOTHER website.  

I'm sorry.

But yes, it is one that is more widely read than you are and YES, I will have to commit to writing on it at least once a week.  

Do you think we can compromise?  

Come visit me at www.thevoiceofmom.com and it will still be like old times.  I'll have a weekly deadline THERE, but I promise to come back and visit you here and report on the other areas of my life.  

And yes,  THAT.  That boat in the picture?  THAT is the boat that was "won" by the Broken Rib as referenced in the blog post mentioned (click HERE) to read.  My hubby plans on renaming it Becky's Broken Rib and we plan on having it in the water by the end of the week!

I'm NOT one for 2-timing Dear Blog, but I think we can make this 3-timing thing happen. 

Really.

Stop by www.momsthatrock.com and www.thevoiceofmom.com and SUBSCRIBE to those blogs just to test me on this.  

I think we can all get along perfectly.

See you here AND there! (and there)

Signed with love and devotion to my dearest blog,

Becky of Beckoning Balance



No comments:

Post a Comment