Monday, 1 June 2009

Letting go . . .




I am being tested.

My first born is in the air somewhere on her way to Kenya to volunteer in an orphanage for a month.  

We had a great cookout the night before she was heading to her Grandparents in Chicago to fly out and we had a really enjoyable time.

The next morning I woke up sick.  Strep from one of our younger ones.  I called Rachel in Chicago and offered to try and get her a prescription that would cover strep if she would get it on the trip since I had handled her food and because she, as a little one, was a strep magnet.  

No.  

She thought that sounded like overkill.

I guess if she's old enough to basically arrange this trip from front to back, work, go to college, maintain an apartment and all that good stuff she was right in making that decision for herself.

And I'm hoping there are MD's with antibiotics available to the volunteers if they need it.  

This acute concern largely comes from the fact that I had an absolutely miserable night with my whole body aching along with my head and throat and could NOT imagine traveling feeling like this.

So good vibes for healthy and safe travel to my baby errr, adult-child.


No comments:

Post a Comment