Tuesday, 7 February 2012

silence


for the first day in months this house is silent


children, old and young, have returned to their lives


work cannot remain on hold forever, my husband says as he walks out the door


the wind whispers as it tumbles off the sea and the birds dance their melodic flights--all daily miracles sometimes missed when one's head becomes full of others


as I feel the void, I inhale my loved ones knowing that they are always here


this same wind whispers to them and kisses their skin with my exhale


if their living can only allow them to stop, feel, listen



2 comments:

  1. "this same wind whispers to them and kisses their skin with my exhale"

    How can I express my fondness for that line? I'm absolutely touched by it. Wow, is all I can say. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jack. Touching someone is what it is all about I guess, even though I just spew forth impulsively and selfishly. lol. Best to you with your writing! xo

    ReplyDelete