Monday, 12 March 2012

the month in brief review


Yowza.


Time flies.


Want to make time fly even more? Be in a play that rehearses for eight weeks and then has a run of eleven shows over three weeks. Four more to go starting Wednesday. The end is near. (throw house-hunting in there and it is a recipe for your time evaporating)


Being in Death and Taxe$ has been a blast and I feel fortunate to have been chosen. It has been so nice to meet and act with some wonderful, wonderful folks. I've also found it an interesting experiment to act after a ten year hiatus following my brief resume of a handful of plays. 


I wouldn't change a thing, but I'm not going to be jumping to be in another play. All other interests have had to go to the wayside. I'm grateful I had a smallish part. The other actors have very challenging roles and are on stage most of the time.  They have done brilliant with it!


Here are some of my fabulous and wacky fellow actors:
rehearsing



Speaking of not having enough time in the day leads to my frequent topic . . . RockStar! Horses and having and interacting with horses in the way they need is extremely time intensive. I understand why folks with multi-obligations feel like they never have time for their horse. I'm looking forward to getting back into full-time horse work. If a move goes through as we are planning, I will likely have another Standardbred of one of Stephen's coworkers who has had very little time under the saddle. She has asked if I would work with her horse and that sounds like a good option for a paddock mate and an extra horse. We'll see.


On another note, Rocky and I had our first (Parelli) Natural Horsemanship lesson with certified trainer, Jane Cook. She travels from Auckland periodically and has a waiting list of folks to give lessons to and hopes to turn this into a full time gig. It was worth the wait. I think she was as impressed with Rocky as I am and our work had paid off; she advanced us to Level 2 (rather than starting us on Level 1) based on our work we had done from our research. I think she thought we were a good team. I would highly recommend Jane. You can reach her here: 021 2574704 ; 09 236 4326  or email at jane.cook68@yahoo.com


Jane going over the lesson with Rocky.
We've experienced some awesome Northland art of late.


The sculpture symposium was astounding to watch over a period of ten days as sculptures came to fruition and we won the bid on our (and many others') favorite in the auction:
ours- the light doesn't do it justice

another work during the 10 day process


As well as being in a play, we saw an amazing performance, The Quarry, by the very talented older teen group of local actors. It was a multidimensional, multi sensorial, creative sensation that had been workshopped under the leadership of Laurel Devenie. I'm looking forward to following her work. I'm thrilled that at least one of our children gets to grow up from a sprout in this creative zone. Here's a shot from the show after the walk through intro had completed and the "staged" show began:
Have I mentioned how much we enjoy being in a land of seasonal fruit and vegetables????  This is my latest crack:  white fleshed peaches.  They are sweet as sugar and a feast for the senses; even more so knowing they will soon be gone.
my current addiction
Have I told you how much I love the Koru and have always been drawn to the spiral, which had attributed to my Celtic heritage?Here are some amazing photos of the real thing I took- a sprouting fern frond:
The Koru
The excellent realtor that has been helping us- Jude Copland (you need HER if you are looking for a house in the Northland) has repeatedly said, everything will just line up and be effortless when you find the right house. This is what I saw in many varieties around the house we put a bid on today:  
                           
                                                     Koru at THE house

my logo- I had been using before we moved to NZ &
I knew the significance of the Koru in NZ
Recently my friend and Adventure Mom, Dawn Picken, came to visit with her pahtna, Pete, and her children Fiona and Finley. After being widowed, Dawn has been on a two year round the world adventure and after falling in love here she HAS to go back to the states this week. For how long? When will she come back?  Will she come back? How will this affect the children? What will happen to this love? Fortunately for those wondering, Dawn is very forthcoming on her blog. You can follow her adventure HERE.  Selfishly, we hope she comes back to NZ soon.
Fiona kneads, Pete watches

Seaside playground- Atticus, Fiona, Finley
Atticus and I will be heading stateside for much of April.We are looking forward to seeing the family and especially squeezing my 89 year old mommy!!!  She rocks!!

Please forgive me, for I know I have typo'd.  YAWN . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment