Thursday, 6 November 2014

New Zealand: you've stolen my child

It's been two days of sick.

Two days of watching my ten year old boy miserable-- fever, exhaustion, stomach cramps, headaches-- his symptoms have run the gamut.  

By this afternoon I knew he was starting to improve when he said, "I need some fresh air," even though he promptly crashed for the umpteenth nap in two days shortly after uttering those words.

Having snuck outside for a phone call and a breath of fresh air, I glance up to see my boy heading towards me, "Oh this feels so good to be outside," he says, "let's go for a walk." 

Pajamas and shivers

Quite a while back he stated, "I'll never be able to live in a town again, I reckon." 

That was the first moment I suspected New Zealand and its wily ways was capturing my son.

New Zealand, you gorgeous and magical vixen, you win.

I reckon. 

Sick boy gazes at his captor.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I can live with it for sure! Thanks for the comments and great to *see* you Ana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful way with words, my friend....but then I've known that for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful way with words, my friend...but I've known that for years �� amie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet. Hope Atticus is feeling better. My kiddos would never admit to being smitten here - they're thriving despite themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet. Hope Atticus is feeling better. My kiddos would never admit to being smitten here - they're thriving despite themselves.

    ReplyDelete