Sunday, 9 November 2014

the thirty-four year long train ride


Recently I realised that by the time my now ten year old is 18, I will have been feathering, welcoming chicks, delousing, nurturing, sometimes neglecting and kicking fledglings out of the nest for a totally of 34 freakin years.  Solid.

I totally get I'm not the first grandma/mama to ride that train, but this is not exactly how things were planned when looking into the crystal ball of what my life would look like.

Thankfully, I've worked in a field that demands I keep myself half-way centred if I am to be congruent in my work and with the people I serve-- otherwise, I might have had more train derailments on said unplanned train.

Being so blessed with creative adult children as well as working with many families, I felt it was okay to use some of that experience for an article that was recently published on elephant journal, which happens to be, what I consider, an online haven.

Please take a moment and check it out HERE and feel free to share if you know others that might relate.

And buckle in, because the ride will inevitably have some bumps!


Choo Choo!


No comments:

Post a Comment