Saturday, 29 November 2014

ungrounded. part 1.

Ungrounded.

The past two weeks, save a lovely respite last weekend due to an amazing conference in nature, have been some of the most un-grounding days of my life.  (something I cannot talk about now, but will possibly vent about in the not too distant future)

What do I mean by that-- ungrounded.

Unsettled.

A challenge to stay heart-centered.

Incongruence with the task at hand and what feeds my soul.

This week I posted this photo on Instagram and Facebook of a 5:30 am view:


Yes, the gorgeousness was well-noted and served to start me off with an overwhelming sense of AROHA-- love and connection to everyone and everything.  Even though I would be walking into soul-sucking mire, for that bit of time, looking at that view-- "gratefulness" --enveloped me.


But this is the more realistic view of what I'm seeing, taken today.  You may have to peer closely to see the paint cans and disarray-- that is the upheaval that is also a part of my current life view.  

Less than grounding to be certain, but I have a choice regarding how I look at it and what parts I choose to focus on.

And yet another view of today-- looking beyond the chaos. Choosing to see the beauty, amidst the tasks at hand, while insisting on being the one to have my two feet grounded on Mother Earth to hang these clothes up and inhale the blue sky and feel the warmth of the Aotearoa sun on my skin.

This post is written cryptically I know, and for good reason.

But today I just needed to use my words to say that for this moment, this day, I choose to see and feel and experience the AROHA.

I choose to feel the love and light from my kindred spirits-- of whom I've found so many in this majestic land.

I choose to acknowledge that we were guided to this spirit-filled land for a reason.

And I express gratitude for the connections and serendipity that Life brings.  

And I am grateful to have been in the presence of a New Zealand force of love--AROHA-- last weekend whose words and energy have gotten me through this week's most challenging times.

Dr. Rangimarie Turuki Rose Pere

As I enter my daily task at hand I sing this lovely waiata (song) on the way to and from:

Te aroha
(in love)

te whakapono
(truth)

me te rangimarie
(and peace)

tatou, tatou e!
(we are united!)


Here's a dose of grounding for you today . . .  Do yourself a favour and watch this short video:


The Right To Be Me (Dr. Rangimarie Turuki Rose Pere Elder, healer and leader in the Maori community)



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post by a beautiful, enlightened and generous soul ! Thank you Becky x

    ReplyDelete